Wednesday 10 November 2010

Name that Personality Type

I've been investigating my children's personality types.  For this purpose, I like the book called Nurture by Nature written by Paul D. Tieger.  Although I found it difficult to pinpoint my own type, that's probably because I'm ENFP -- the one that finds it difficult to make decisions!

The knock-on effect is that I find it hard to decide what my children are as well.  However, they stumbled onto a quiz that they took on-line.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Thus, they informed me of their personality types themselves.

I was surprised to discover that Killer is an introvert.  He always seems so outgoing and jolly and energetic, but then again, I'm not the only one who has noticed that he sometimes gets out the Beano books and reads while his friends are over.

Considering how much he and I seem to clash, I'm also not surprised that he's almost exactly my opposite: ISTP.
ISTPs are easily bored with convention

I'll investigate further whether or not I think this is a true reflection of who he is.  That is, as soon as my friend returns the Tieger book!

Meanwhile, I shall dig out the Michael Gurian book of a similar title: Nurture the Nature: Understanding and Supporting Your Child's Unique Core Personality and see what insights that gives me.

And I promise I'll report back.  Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin'? Don't be shy if you've got something to say!