Sunday 12 June 2011

One Kind of Daily Schedule

I have been home-educating my children for over seven years now, and though I have dabbled in various curricula from unit study to biblically based, they all have one general thing in common: a sympathy to the methods espoused by Charlotte Mason over a hundred years ago.

If you want to know more about the Charlotte Mason method, you can Google the name, or start off with this website.

In the meantime, I thought I would share with you the kind of schedule that my son, Killer, has responded to so well over the past year.

I have made it myself using the "table" function in Word, printing it out, and then laminating it.  That way, he can use a water soluble pen to mark through his work every day, then wipe it all off for the next day, to start over again.

To reproduce it here, I had to save it as a JPEG in "Paint", so it's got a bit garbled in translation.  I think you can get the gist of it, though.


2 comments:

  1. Kat--thanks for posting! I love this idea of wipe off charts. My kids would go for that. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea! I've done something similar, but did not think of using colour coding, and did not stick with it. I think it meshes well, too, with Montessori in that it gives a direction but freedom within it.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin'? Don't be shy if you've got something to say!